Job Title: Development Assistant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Development Director
Days/Hrs of Work: Full Time 40 hours per week and some evenings and weekends
PURPOSE: To assist the development department in raising funds to support The Covering House.
Start Date: Immediately upon completion of background checks
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Development Assistant’s core responsibility is to support the development office through gifts management within the Donor Perfect Data Base, including tracking and acknowledging financial gifts, celebrating donors in various ways, helping implement marketing and communications through social media, email campaigns and The Covering House website, and assisting in the planning of special events. Development Assistant additionally manages the Quilt Square Society monthly giving program.
Please download the Development Assistant job description for a full list of job duties.
To apply, download our Employment Application and email it, along with cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
High school diploma required. 4 year degree preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, which will require:
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service focus
• Demonstrated skills in word processing, website maintenance and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Ability to learn fundraising and web design and management of computer software programs
• Solid comfort level with social media
• Ability to work without direct supervision in a small office environment
• Ability to accept and adapt to change
• Knowledge of The Covering House’s programs
• Enforcing boundaries with staff, volunteers, and clients
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of The Covering House
In addition, due to the nature of the services provided by The Covering House and its clientele, all employees must:
• Pass annual child abuse/neglect and criminal background screenings in Missouri, and all other states lived and worked in in the last five years at outset of employment
• Pass a physical examination and TB test biennially
Missouri DSS Rules and Regulations require all employees be at least 21 years of age; pass a child abuse/neglect and criminal background screening; and, must not have a suspended or revoked driver’s license or record of driving under the influence of alcohol or any intoxicating substance in the last five (5) years.
TO APPLY: Send a completed Employment Application, cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All applicants must submit a completed Application for Employment, along with their cover letter and resume, to be considered for this position.
The Covering House is an EEO employer.