The Covering House Announces a New Executive Director
I would like to introduce The Covering House’s new Executive Director… Lindsey Ellis. Lindsey has been working with us since October of 2012.
Fun Facts about Lindsey.
- Don’t get between Lindsey and a shoe sale.
- Don’t get between Lindsey and a good cup of coffee.
- Lindsey is a bargain shopper and create an entire outfit for $20.00.
- She is an avid reader and book lover.
- We drive each other crazy because our minds work so differently…she uses mind maps and I outline all information but we work very well together.
- She has a blog. Check it out. https://theunpolishedjourney.wordpress.com/author/theunpolishedjourney/
- Most importantly…don’t get between Lindsey and her desire to help kids. She is passionate.
Why the change in Executive Director?
The Covering House is a place of needing to expand our services. We are having to turn kids away. My role is now to secure funding and other resources for growth. Lindsey will now be overseeing all the day to day activities and leading the team.
Why Lindsey Ellis as Executive Director?
Lindsey has years of experience.
When Lindsey joined TCH team, she came with 13 years of experience working with children both in the “system” and out. Her expertise of residential children’s homes and all of the policies that surround opening a home is just what we needed at The Covering House to launch our Long Term Therapeutic Home. Her passion for struggling kids is just what our girls need to feel respected and cherished.
Lindsey is dedicated.
Whether it is getting up early week after week to train St. Louis City police officers on how to recognize and interact with a young sex trafficking victims or staying until the wee hours of the night at the home so her staff feels supported and the girls feel emotionally safe, I can always count on her to go above and beyond the call of duty. She is one of those rare people who you can ALWAYS count on to get the job done and done well.
Lindsey is a visionary.
Lindsey’s strong commitment to excellence makes her an invaluable part of The Covering House team. She has led a team to create a cutting edge yet practical program for The Covering House. Our program is designed to cover all aspects of the girls’ lives…mentally, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and spiritually. The impact that our program is having on the girls in a short period of time is amazing. The success that our girls are having and the strength of our program is due to the vision that Lindsey has cast for her staff and the leadership she is providing.
Professional Facts about Lindsey
- She was asked to train the Alabama Task Force on sex trafficking.
- She was chosen to present at the prestigious American Association of Children’s Residential Centers Conference in 2016 on sex trafficking.
- She provides training both locally and out of state to law enforcement, medical professionals and other social service agencies.
- She has sat on a panel at two different Human Trafficking Summits in Illinois with Congressman John Shimkus and Rodney Davis.
As we move forward and grow, please pray for The Covering House and Lindsey Ellis as she leads the entire team for us. I have complete faith that she will move The Covering House to new heights which will allow us to provide care and services to more girls.
As always, I thank you for your support of us and these girls that we have the privilege of serving.
Dedee Lhamon, Founder and President