VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES REQUIRE A COMMITMENT OF:
Youth at The Covering House have experienced many adults coming in and out of their lives. To propel their healing and protect the formation of safe, lasting relationships, volunteer opportunities are limited to individuals who pass Missouri licensing requirements and commit to an official position.
- RESIDENTIAL HOME CLEANING + MAINTENANCE
- Facility sweep – volunteers receive training in performing a complete room and house check every 3 months. This is a check for contraband.
- Painting and/or drywall, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, roofing, HVAC
- Lawn care and yard maintenance
- Grass mowing, leaf raking, gardening, yard trimming, tree trimming
- OFFICE ASSISTANCE
- Clerical: phone calls, filing, creating binders, mailing
- Stock our shelves – organize and inventory item donations
- Deep clean the office
- Assist with furniture donation, pick-ups
- FUND DEVELOPMENT
- Web design: create and provide simple monthly updates to the site. TCH we’ll provide verbiage, pictures and ideas for infographics
- Grant research: skilled in grants management, research and make pre-application vetting calls to foundations, state and federal grant prospects. Equip our grants department with well-nurtured grant officers, application cycles and deadlines
- Vision event hosts: gather your network to learn about TCH in a tightly scripted, one hour event customized to your audience
- Special events: attend and assist at events, coordinate an event, be on event planning committee, solicit auction items and sponsors
- Graphic design: 4 pieces/year [2 newsletters; 2 appeals]
- Printing company – print, sort, stuff and mail 4 pieces/year. TCH will provide postage
Meet your volunteer coordinator
In 2013, Jessica collaborated as composer and musician for “Cover: a play about trafficking” at Missouri Baptist University. This drama brought to the stage the experience of the staff of the Covering House. Through this experience Jessica was inspired to join Covering House as a Youth Development Specialist, working with the girls in our long-term therapeutic home. At the beginning of 2016 Jessica took the role of Administrative Assistant. Jessica is honored and enjoys the opportunity to be your volunteer coordinator.