Youth Development Specialist Position
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Youth Development Specialist in Jefferson County (approx. 1 hour from St. Louis). Our Youth Development Specialists are essential to the work of providing refuge and restoration for the young ladies in our care.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Youth Development Specialists (YDS) are direct care staff responsible for identifying and assisting with the everyday needs of our residents, including but not limited to housekeeping, food, shelter, security, personal hygiene, and health care needs. YDS’s are also responsible for implementing programs, policies, and procedures in everyday activities and participating in group, classroom, and recreational activities, as well as, monitoring the welfare of the residents and reporting on their development. This position requires some driving. Through supervision and role modeling YDS’s provide a consistent, safe, and therapeutic environment for our residents.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree or at least two years of relevant experience working with children or teens in a group care setting.
Starting: All new hires must complete background checks and required medical paperwork, as well as 4 full days of training plus additional job shadowing with The Covering House before they can be scheduled to work the floor.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Evenings, Full-TIme Overnights, Part Time, PRN (As Needed)
SALARY & BENEFITS: $13 – $14 per hour (based on shift differential) In addition, we offer paid vacation, health care benefits, and holiday pay!!!
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
REQUIRED LICENSE: Must obtain a Class E Driver’s License as a condition of employment
Missouri DSS Rules and Regulations require all employees be at least 21 years of age; pass a child abuse/neglect and criminal background screening; and, must not have a suspended or revoked driver’s license or record of driving under the influence of alcohol or any intoxicating substance in the last five (5) years.
TO APPLY: Send a completed Job Application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must submit a completed Application for Employment, along with their cover letter and resume, to be considered for this position.
- Must be at least twenty (21) years of age;
- Must have at least a high school diploma or general education development (GED) certificate and provide documentation of same within thirty (30) days of employment;
- Must pass a child abuse/neglect and criminal background screening prior to employment and on an annual basis;
- Must pass a fingerprint based background check prior to employment;
- Must submit to and pass a drug screen prior to employment and consent to periodic and random drug screening during the course of employment with The Covering House;
- Must have a valid Class E driver’s license and able to transport residents in accordance with licensing standards;
- Must not have a suspended or revoked driver’s license or record of driving under the influence of alcohol or any intoxicating substance in the last five (5) years;
- Must undergo a physical examination by a licensed physician, certified nurse practitioner, or registered nurse who is under the supervision of a licensed physician before employment, or within ten (10) days following employment, and then every two years thereafter, and provide documentation of same, verifying that you are free of communicable disease, including but not limited to tuberculosis (TB) and hepatitis;
- Must be free of any condition which would adversely affect your ability to care for the residents and/or poses a threat to the residents;
- Must provide the names and contact information for at least three(3) persons (not related to you), who will provide a character reference, including two (2) persons with whom you have worked;
- Must provide references from all employers within the past five (5) years;
- Must provide history of all employment in childcare setting
Please download the Full YDS Job Description for further information.
The Covering House is an EEO employer.